Mts Is No Joke!!

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just wait as you have more money and room available the tanks grow in size. When I started back up fish keeping again 5 years ago I got a 55 gallon, then a 100 gallon a few years latter, and finally a 150 gallon. This week I picked up a 75 gallon to replace the 55 gallon, the 18" width is a lot more friendly on a 75.

OP
Rcslade124

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yup the 20g is our glow tank with 2 redeye tetras. But this one is all mine. 40g of my choosing. I think I found my spot in my bedroom haha

tjander

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The person with the most tanks at the end wins. 5 currently and looking for more space to add. Bathroom maybe??? Lol

BobbyGregg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have 5 set up and 3 empty lol only started back up in april.
60g main in living room
25g off side living room i just set it up last weekend
25g in my bedroom
5.5g in hallway (makes a great night light)
5.5g in kids room

Ill set up the 50g this weekend, also have a 20g and a 10g waiting togo.....
My girlfriend loves the fish and sees it makes me happy

Ouskamp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The person with the most tanks at the end wins. 5 currently and looking for more space to add. Bathroom maybe??? Lol
Bah ha ha! You win! But don't count me out! I was thinking I could add one at my boutique! Who doesn't love a pretty Betta?! LOL! All I know is that I can't resist them!

OP
Rcslade124

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well I'm am working on #3 and it's been 3 weeks so I'm afraid what 6 months might look like. Although #3 is going to take awhile to start. I am getting all new equipment for it. Going to try a corner filter from swiss tropicals. And idk how much that will cost either lol but yes I'm hooked

H2O Concierge

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have had MTS for years. It went into submission when life's circumstances demanded more of my time. But I am now retired and my MTS has returned. My case is fairly mild when compared with others. Currently I have 2x 5g, a10g, a 46g, a 75g, and my newest a 125g. All are FW, I stick with what I know. I also have a 30g, a 40g, and a 60g in storage in the back basement...just in case. Yes I must give Honorable Mention to my wife of 20+ years. When my some Tanganyikans were outgrowing the 46g and I was talking about having to "rehome" them she asked "why don't you just get a bigger tank". To which she added that she was an "enabler". I sooooo Love her.

Last edited:

AllThumbs

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i just fit another gallon tank in between 2 of my others. victory! now i have 13! (not counting my globes) there is space in his bathroom that i haven't claimed yet. dont tell him im schemin

OP
Rcslade124

Rcslade124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to get this 40g up then its onto a 200g saltwater so the gf is happy. I have thought about getting another betta for the betta cube I have. Transfer some of my media from the 20g so atleast it will keep his ammonia down but I would just get a bigger one for him

TankGeek

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have had MTS for years. It went into submission when life's circumstances demanded more of my time. But I am now retired and my MTS has returned. My case is fairly mild when compared with others. Currently I have 2x 5g, a10g, a 46g, a 75g, and my newest a 125g. All are FW, I stick with what I know. I also have a 30g, a 40g, and a 60g in storage in the back basement...just in case. Yes I must give Honorable Mention to my wife of 20+ years. When my some Tanganyikans were outgrowing the 46g and I was talking about having to "rehome" them she asked "why don't you just get a bigger tank". To which she added that she was an "enabler". I sooooo Love her.
My husband is an enabler too! We'll be moving to our new house soon. It's a fixer upper so we'll be spending the next few months painting, ripping up carpet, sanding floors, Etc. We were at the new house this weekend, sitting on the back porch, looking at the windows of my soon to be office, when hubby jokingly suggested that we remove the window and make it a fish tank window, like build the tank into the wall. And I got soo excited, like a kid when the ice cream truck drives past, "can we? Can we? Can we?" To which he replied that we should wait until our dream solar passive house, the one we plan on building in a few years on acreage, to which I replied that we needed to build a guinea pig practice prototype now, so we get it right in the future. He's a bit of a Jack of all trades, building, landscaping etc. He sighed that sigh, the one where he realises that he's put his foot in it, why did he say anything at all, but then looked over at the window in question, and started reasoning out how he could go about it. Lucky the window is south facing and further sheltered by the porch roof. Now I have plans for all the windows ;-P
I know, I know, the algae would be prolific..

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 5 14.3%

Top Bottom