MTS helpline

1. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Okay I think we need two sections on this forum that we don't have

1) a section to help people with the fatal disease MTS (multiple tank syndrome) it is an addiction that I have fallen victim of and I know it can affect family members harshly and not just the tank owner, I believe that as a fish forum we need to give our fellow fish keepers strength and help them fight this vicious disease

2) a section to celebrate people who have multiple tanks and to share photos of their tanks and explain how they manage to care for multiple tanks, I know that I can find one tank hard enough to care for!

I know these two ideas may be counter intuitive but you have to remember that I am posting this in the "funny section" xD

2. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

Wait. We don't have that already? ;D

3. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

I have this! D: I.. I... can't - help - myself! Already it has me lying to myself and my husband! "just one more tank, I'll only keep 2", but I know deep down in my heart that I have every intention of keeping 3... maybe even a 4th! Woe is me! What ever shall I do!!

4. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Thats kind of like what Fishlore is in general no? ;)

5. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

My thoughts exactly. :)

6. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

1) There's no cure for MTS. And even if there were, would we want to be cured? MTS is not an addiction, an affliction or disease. It is a way of life ;)

2) Fishlore is that place! :giggle:

7. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Why would you WANT to be cured?!? Although, I have a personal solution to keep myself from going broke...

Being a 14 year old, I have relatively little "income". But what I do have is hidden in my room where it is difficult to retrieve, thus giving me time to convince myself not to take it all out. When I accumulate enough funds, I place them in a savings account that I cannot access for about ten years;) (that's what I tell myself anyway XD.) Now that I have a debit card, I keep around $100 in it at a time and attempt to leave as few paper bills in the house as possible. This is obviously not foolproof:;nin2

8. Mrs.Price

I haz a tank jar :3

[​IMG]
    (Reads: Tank Jar, Now Accepting Donations, All ur change r belong to me!" (Play off of an old 90's video game meme)

I now have a troll sitting atop my jar with a little picket sign that reads "You must pay me my fee to pass this way". haha

9. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

:;laughing Excellent!

10. Mrs.Price

haha! I know, right? It's flippin' hilarious and cracks me up every time I pass it... I also tell my husband to empty his pocket change after he comes home from work to appease the troll... or else it may get angry and not cook dinner! >:D ROFL!!

11. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

Mwuahahah! Blackmail...works every time. ;D

12. Mrs.Price

Like a charm! ;) I blame my cruel actions on my MTS!!! hahah

13. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

It's a vicious cycle. :D

14. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

I know my MTS has gotten significantly worse since I got laid off. Now I have all day to sit and plan on where to put the next tank. Hubby keeps saying, but you're not working, how can you get more tanks? I told him the tank fairy left them. He didn't believe me. At least now I am sticking to smaller 10 gallon tanks.

15. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

smiley_laughcomputer.gif

16. OP
    OP
    A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Okay maybe my post made little to no sense, but in my defense I wasn't even a little bit sober.

17. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Drinking and typing - not always a good combo :;laughing

18. Mrs.Price

Haha!! Well, you're not that bad when you drink anyway... and if it makes you feel any better, today is the first day I've even been a little bit sober all weekend!! haha