Mr. Puff

Eylisia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He sleeps with his tail curled around himself, it is soo adorable ;D My previous puffer never did this, does anyone elses?

Oh, and he didn't eat the shrimp, I am super impressed lol

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Eylisia,

It sounds adorable! If you can take some photos for us we'd love to see your Puffer!

Enjoy your fish.

Ken

JRC3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What kind of puff is it? I have ghost shrimp with my F8 and he half heartedly goes after them sometimes but never gets them.

Oh yeah, and pictures are a rule. ;D

*edit*

I see that he is a GSP. Do you plan to give him a bigger home and increase the salinity as he grows?

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
:kewlpics:

Oh wait, there weren't any pics! We want pictures! We want pictures!

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a pea puffer that does that. Even swims w/ tail curled. I left for work yesterday and he was sleeping on top of a crypt plant leaf. So cute! By far my fav fish.

Eylisia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JRC3 said:
What kind of puff is it? I have ghost shrimp with my F8 and he half heartedly goes after them sometimes but never gets them.

Oh yeah, and pictures are a rule. ;D

*edit*

I see that he is a GSP. Do you plan to give him a bigger home and increase the salinity as he grows?
He normally lives in my 55gl, he is basically on vacation Salinity is at about 1.002.

psalm18.2 said:
I have a pea puffer that does that. Even swims w/ tail curled. I left for work yesterday and he was sleeping on top of a crypt plant leaf. So cute! By far my fav fish.
That is so cool, puffers have always had a special place in my heart, he's almost like a little puppy

I will get a picture of him sleeping like that next time I see it, pwomise ;D
Here are some pics of him not sleeping lol

JRC3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Eylisia said:
He normally lives in my 55gl, he is basically on vacation Salinity is at about 1.002.
Good job. He has great color and looks really healthy...I love the big spots.

Good luck.

Eylisia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The max size is given as 17cm (7"), but the one I had for 3 years (he was still alive 3 years ago, so about 10 years old) never got above 12cm (almost 5").

Mr. Puff is about 2", he's put on well over half an inch since he moved in

Edit: Misstated age

jillofalltrades37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So cute.. I was looking at them in Walmart today, wanted on so bad, they were just spotted puffers.. had like a neon yellowish green on top of them.

JRC3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
jillofalltrades37 said:
So cute.. I was looking at them in Walmart today, wanted on so bad, they were just spotted puffers.. had like a neon yellowish green on top of them.
That is a GSP. I've seen them have F8s and GSPs listed as "spotted puffers" or "green puffers" before.

If you decide to get one I would recommend not buying from Wally Word and going to a respectable pet/fish store to get one. And do lots of research as puffers have specific needs.

Take care.

Eylisia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mr. Puff actually came from Walmart, I've never been to a Walmart before moving to Springfield lol
I would not buy fish there again, but Mr. Puff turned out to be of good stock. Make sure to look at them carefully, I bagged him myself to make sure I got the one I wanted

When I get my bigger tank (probably 125, maybe slightly less) I think I will make my 55gl into a puffer tank, cos they really are so much fun

Walter B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, my green spotted puffer sometimes curls up too. At first I thought there was something wrong with him but he is fine and healthy -just does this - kind of cute. I have not seen the figure 8 puffer doing this yet.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom