Mr Pets Edmonton Review

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well this store gave me Walmart vibes... Lets get from the start. Mr. Pets is located in St. Albert just outside of North West Edmonton. I'm not sure if there is any other Mr. pets in the world or if its just some random chain pet store.

Things I liked: I love there fish supply and great reptile supplies! They had so many cool things and lots of food and worms. Had some nice reptiles, fish and plants as well as many rescue cats. They also had some rabbits and other small mammals too. All the pets seemed to be in fair care expect for the bettas the first time I went. On the second time I went the bettas were much happier in community tanks.

Things I didnt like: There was no employees both times I went around the animals. The bettas were all dead, sick and sad. They also did sell a lot of small betta tanks. Like petland they had that one section full of bowls, small death plants that will shred fins and sponge bob decor. I haven't been in there since my birthday trip there in April. Only thing I didnt like it was 40mins away from me, but that's just because I live on the south side of the city.

Photos:
First Time Visiting
IOtoBrWRTIvSz2f8D33Gysj2uwd8rrhthncwlkBUkmM-vsLKMlWmrkOERJG8etFgEXqlk05fTIqc6QezIYI=w462-h618-no.jpg

Id assume someone made them fight
Gb00aNnMpRFxC_LMJ4DaFtklh0GAlGm1i784yUrmcA72C0xbixb8ZAPIle2d_Py0MaLNZPHqenSDmdtPAqM=w462-h618-no.jpg

Second time I visited:
Kinda Dark but nice setup over all.

The small death section

_VM79m7_qYwsGt71sArY1FojfE0eSxh07vAn6T_qAE_-snQqeSqMVr4_lxYdGByi3i8_m-al6zScf7mA0e4=w462-h618-no.jpg

Bettas on the second visit
StgvEAq7eZYTgtcpiYHlJga_av1mts1Jq9NmovPFo5zd-dIR2UhSFM2eiYYTHz0MZ-vnaLtFvD5xHHSw61Q=w462-h618-no.jpg

very nice silver betta

More tanks!

Will post some more photos later. Over all a 4/10, not the best quality fish. Please tell me if you would like to see more reviews! I have a couple more stores to review ( One selling bettas in 5 gallons! And one selling puppys...)

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That store is going to get the petvalu remodel. We have the exact same betta center sign on our betta part and sadly use the same containers. I’m about 99% sure that the chain has been bought by pet valu and you’ll be seeing hardwood floors and black painted metal fixture coming soon.

OP
CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
jacob thompson said:
That store is going to get the petvalu remodel. We have the exact same betta center sign on our betta part and sadly use the same containers. I’m about 99% sure that the chain has been bought by pet valu and you’ll be seeing hardwood floors and black painted metal fixture coming soon.
So there is more... Very interesting, thanks! It does have that petvalu vibe as well. I will have to check it out soon. They did just get a new petsmart ( Wasnt the best ) So wonder what will happen to them.

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I’m not 100% it’s a chain but it most likely is. They merge with small local chains give them a remodel and split management with the new owners. The pet valu I work at used to be a jacks pets and the same thing happened, they merged with the chain and did a remodel but kept the animals.

OP
CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Bettas enjoying space!

Bettas!
bx-SZUsJ1YdR4do_49AJDuEOESCeEBMgtCZMEtr-ujpg54lTPt8f5Ns1AIRWWqwsqhB3bo9c6p7GCS2y-qw=w462-h618-no.jpg

Very interesting set up!

Kinda worrys me about how many cups they had...

cellophane betta!
nZfYZ0zSGUJk7MCa69-KKZ_6Rk0BGG9z8GROT5wAgw8Asz7J_Dq1HwXrUqJ0vvob3fTiyC73BOUCFp8jGdM=w462-h618-no.jpg

baby angels!
bb6TuKNb7Vp25YiEiVVRjq5iydXlBNn2DwIiBlSzQiqyXsO-xH7pgEPs0yw-7LLZ6DtFPwIQr4zwLpl0XN0=w462-h618-no.jpg

Also thinking about doing a review on the new petsmart/ petland remodels. The latest petsmart was very different to the normal ones we have. Smaller isles and animals all over!

OP
CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well had to drive the hour out to buy more gecko food...
Did not have time to fully go through but glanced by the bettas. Back to being terrible. The bettas water was so cloudy and they were all sick. Wish I got photos...

upload_2019-5-6_22-39-54.png
upload_2019-5-6_22-40-41.png

upload_2019-5-6_22-41-37.png

Attachments

New Threads