Moving ?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Bayster70, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Bayster70

Bayster70Valued MemberMember

I'm spending the weekend at my main house and was wondering if I should bring my 3 fish with me? I have a 45 gallon tank that's been running for a couple weeks without fish or any attention and I was just wondering if my fish could be okay alone for the weekend or to bring them with

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I would definitely leave them. They'll be fine for a few days, and the move would probably stress them out. Plus, if your tank hasn't had fish in it, it's likely not cycled (no source of ammonia to keep the beneficial bacteria alive) and that could be dangerous for your fish.

3. Ovenmitts

OvenmittsValued MemberMember

I always go away for short periods and leave my fish. I don't even feed them. They will be fine for a weekend.

4. AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

I think you should be fine, maybe you can dose the tank with Seachem prime, Which neutralizes Ammonia for 24-48 hours, I'm sure that would definitely help, but is probably not necessary.

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Prime shouldn't necessary at this point. If your tank is cycled, your BB should be taking care of the ammonia and nitrites. A water change before you leave and when you get back will help reduce the nitrates.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice