Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Moving With A Fish Tank

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by jazmin, Apr 16, 2019.

1. jazminNew MemberMember

hi all,

my family has recently been looking into buying a new house. not sure on the exact move date as were just in the starting process but i was wondering if anyone had any tips into moving a 25 gallon fish tank with three glofish tetras. tank is still in the cycling process and i’m worried if i do anything to it that it would stall the process. i have tetra safestart in there right now.

2. BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

How far is the move? If it's close, basically put your fish into something with tank water, put your media in something with tank water, and make sure you set it back up first thing. When I moved mine, broke everything down and moved them one tank at a time. If taking anything else at the same time, load the tank last and unload/setup before getting anything else out of the truck.

3. jazminNew MemberMember

it’s about a 15-20 minute ride. how much of the tank should i drain? and what about decorations?

Attached Files:

4. BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

Basically all of it. The less weight when moving the tank, the better for the stability of the tank.

5. jazminNew MemberMember

okay cool, i plan on moving that last so it shouldn’t be that long from the take down, to the ride, to setting it back up again

should i also keep my decorations wet or are those okay? the tank is still in the cycling process and i don’t want to mess anything up in the case that it’s still cycling when we move.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019
  6. NavyChief20Well Known MemberMember

Get 2 buckets. Fill with tank water. Filter in one fish in the other. Drain the rest of the tank remove everything and put that in a container. When you get to the new house reverse the process.