Moving to the Wild Side

Evergreen2

So I'm going to try my hand at wild type bettas and I am still researching my options. I would like to eventually to try my hand at raising fry. But I guess I'm overwhelmed, thinking maybe an albimarginata reverse trio possibly.

I'm open to mouthbrooder or bubblenesters. But I think I'm leaning towards mouthbrooder. I just guess I'm looking for advice and experience. I have plans to set up a rimless 15-20g split tank. I have a King betta QTing at this moment for one side. PH is around 8 and I have plans to definitely use driftwood for the aquascape.

I've read a bit of conflicting information and would like some input on fish that would not mind my water conditions without too much tinkering and a lot of . And are on the smaller size to fit a reverse trio or trio or two in their tank since that will likely be the only inhabitants on their side. And am thinking of making that side a biotrope type thing.

Any information and input would be lovely and welcomed.

FishPlanet

I have a wild female betta and I have had here for about 8 or 9 months. My water parameters are the same as yours and she is happy and healthy!

Evergreen2

I have a wild female betta and I have had here for about 8 or 9 months. My water parameters are the same as yours and she is happy and healthy!
Do you know the complex or species? Or is it a hybrid?

FishPlanet

Do you know the complex or species? Or is it a hybrid?
She's just a regular wild female

Evergreen2

She's just a regular wild female

That doesn't mean anything to me nor help me. There's multiple different species of betta and complexes of betta and over 80+ different species of betta not including betta splended which what you see 99% of the time in big box stores.

FishPlanet

IMG_0535.JPG

Hellfishguy

Wild B. splendens?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LowConductivity
Replies
Views
Cody
Replies