Moving tanks, stocking advice please. Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by psalm18.2, Dec 15, 2012.

1. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Transferring 55g fish to 135g. Can I add fish from 40g too?

55g:
    3 blood parrot cichlids, 6 giant danios, 5 rasboras, 3 panda cories, and MTS of unknown number.

40g:
    Paired pear gourami, 2 cory hasbrosus, japanese trapdoor snails, blue and black neons, and glowlight tetras.

The BPs will grow almost 10" each so pretend they already are.

Another problem I see is the 40g is planted with soil. The 55g is not because BPs dig.

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Personally, I think the neons would make nice little snacks for your blood parrots. The gourami would fine.

If you don't add your fish from the 40, you could get other larger fish for your 135. More Blood Parrots, Severum, Chocolate Cichlid. You could also do a nice group of Bolivian Rams

3. OP
    OP
    psalm18.2

I don't mind the smaller fish becoming snacks. I know it'll happen eventually. My main concern would be the pearls with the BPs. They were originally together, but grown fish act different.

Hubs wants to cut me down to one tank, and I like the idea. I'm maintaining too many tanks anyways.

4. C

Gourami are generally pretty tough, I think they'd be fine. That still leaves you room for more fish too :)

5. OP
    OP
    psalm18.2

I'd like to build up the panda cory school 1st. Maybe build up the giant danios by adding purple passion danios. I really like my danios, so much energy.

Whatever I do, it'll have to wait because I just spent all my money. LOL.
    $135 for tank and $50 for the re-seal and more timers. Bonus is gone.

6. OP
    OP
    psalm18.2

Rouge may have some rainbow fish for me next month.

7. C

I'm in love with rainbows. They are neat fish.

8. OP
    OP
    psalm18.2

They are such a great blue color. I think they will add some more dynamic colors. The main fish are orange.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice