Moving Serpae Tetra With Electric Ram?

OurFirstTimeFishy

I have a 20 gallon and a 30 gallon tank, 20 gallon has bristlenose pleco along with 5 serpae tetras... I want to move them over into my 30 gallon that currently has a 5 inch sailfin pleco, 1 Male electric blue ram, 3 female guppies... I've been reading mixed reviews saying yes and no due to the aggression in the tetra, I have pictures of the tetra and the 30 gallon... I want to make the 20 gallon a quarantine tank since I currently don't have one
20190331_033651.jpg
20190330_173309.jpg

Coradee

Serpae’s can be fin nippers especially when kept in smaller numbers but you have female guppies that are fast & don’t have the flowing fins of the males.
I’d say give it a go but be prepared to remove them if they become a problem.
I’d also suggest adding some plant cover, real or fake, as that’ll offer some shelter & break up sight lines.
I’m sure others will have opinions, especially about the sailfin but I’m assuming you already know it’s going to get big & need moving to a much larger tank eventually.

OurFirstTimeFishy

Serpae’s can be fin nippers especially when kept in smaller numbers but you have female guppies that are fast & don’t have the flowing fins of the males.
I’d say give it a go but be prepared to remove them if they become a problem.
I’d also suggest adding some plant cover, real or fake, as that’ll offer some shelter & break up sight lines.
I’m sure others will have opinions, especially about the sailfin but I’m assuming you already know it’s going to get big & need moving to a much larger tank eventually.
Thank you, I was reading about the nipping fins which is why I'm hesitant in switching them over, I might switch them this weekend and watch then closely. I have a 75 gallon for my sailfin, currently have a oscar inside so I'm waiting for the pleco to get abit bigger for my oscar not to fit it inside the mouth lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
Fishk
Replies
Views
YellowFish13
Replies
Views