Moving Pleco Cave With Eggs

Blackhawksfan4life

Can you move Brisstlenose Plecos eggs With the father in the cave into another tank while he is still guarding? I ask because if I do will he abandon the eggs or hatchlings or will he eat them if he feels threatened. He has attempted many times to father the eggs and each time he has failed plus I have to many fish in that tank that will eat them so he tends to knock a big clutch out and let them get eaten and I'll find a few babies hiding most I had was 5 but all got eaten so I am trying to see if I can be successful this time. He seems to have done better job this time staying fully in the cave for past few days without leaving it or sticking halfway out like usual...I see him from time to time pointing out his fin a little bit fanning it. The other tank is is a 10 gallon I know it to small for BN Plecos it just be for short bit and the their babies would be in there till they get big enough so they won't get eaten, I have 6 Corydoras hasbrosus I heard they don't eat their eggs or their babies so my baby BN would be safe am I right or is this a horrible idea and say matt your an idiot lol

qldmick

i have moved the cave with male and eggs, all good.

Blackhawksfan4life

My Pleco learned to take care of his eggs and babies he stayed in there untill all of them left the cave so I have a bunch now first successful attempt on breeding bristlenose Plecos and there were a mixture of brown Plecos and albino on my aquarium and one of the babies us actually a golden color the prettiest of them all. Do you think this is a rare gentic coloration or common ?

Fishboy32

It is common. And they're colors can change when they grow up.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom