Moving plants and decor around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Marconi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Another new aquarium question. I have a decoration in the tank that it is supposed to have a wheel move with air bubbles, but it only moves for a second or two at a time then stops for a minute. I feel like it is defective. If I want to take it out to return, do I need to put gloves on or can I just put my hands in and grab it?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You can put your hands in and grab it. Just make sure your hands are free of chemicals, lotions, soaps, etc. You can rinse your hands really well in water before you put your hand in.

ClearEyes

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You'll probably find yourself having to stick your hands in the water quite a bit as a fishkeeper It's fine, just follow TexasDomer's advice about making sure they're clean. And for your own sake, make sure you don't have any open cuts and scrapes on your hands/arms.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also wash your hands with soap and water after playing in the tank. I also rinse my hands and lower arms with just water before sticking them in the tank. Alison

amydeb

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My hands are in my tank so often, my fish don't even move away. I have actually had to nudge one or two to finish what I was doing. lol
I wash/rinse my hands before (for the fishes sake) and after (for mine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.2%

Top Bottom