Moving Plans And Worries

BlackOsprey

I have a 10 gallon tank in my dorm, and by the end of the semester I will have to take it out of the room for the summer. It'd be one thing if this was just some gravel, fake plants, and some hardy fish, but this tank is dirted, very heavily planted, and is populated by a few cherry shrimp who are breeding and producing babies.

Ideally, I'd like to get this tank through the 3-hour drive home without demolishing it or killing all my shrimp. I know that lifting an aquarium that's even partially full can break the silicone seals, but would draining it all the way down to the substrate let me to lift it a few times? And what's the best way to transport the shrimp without killing them all?

Bryangar

I’ve carried my 20 tall with it being half full a few times when I needed to move it and haven’t damaged anything. I don’t think anything would happen to a 10 gallon.

I’d drain it halfway and keep everything in the tank. and keep the water you drained in a separate bucket then acclimate your shrimp to your tap water.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NevermindIgnoreMe
  • Question
Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies