Moving huge plants? HELP

BenjiBear

So ive made plans recently to move my fish as the room they're in currently is just too far from my water source and it makes me dread water changes when generally I love to do maintenance but the hauling water around etc takes the motivation from me. So anyway, in order to fix this I've moved them to my conservatory where theres a window into my bathroom and i can connect a hose to the mixer tap and voilà, instant water!

So more to the point, ive moved my betta rack and now its onto my 20 gallon. My issue is my plants are all growing emersed? I think is right? And theyre massive. Like humongous. I'll attach a photo if i remember. Im proud of them but moving the tank is going to be so hard. It weighs probably over 200kgs and its just immense. So im considering taking the tank apart and moving it empty then rescaping in the new room, obviously removing the fish which is gonna be a pain :(

If I uproot my huge plants, will they be okay when i replant? Cause I know I'll be destroying a lot of roots but I'll be putting the substrate back in and stuff? I used root tabs as its inert so ill probably add a few more when replanting? Do you think it'll work? Im just really scared they'll all die off. Im no where near an expert on plants, i dont even fertilise, i obviously just somehow got my balances right on everything.

Hope someone can give me some tips! Thanks! :)

Mudminnow

As long as the plants' new home is to their liking, they should be fine. Typically, they'll have a bit of an adjustment period, and then grow just as well as ever.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chiasmodon
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
nanoist
  • Question
Replies