Moving from 5.5 gallon to 10 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle' started by AllHallowsEve31, Aug 7, 2015.

1. AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

So, my 5.5 gallon tank is still in the middle of cycling, and i plan to get a 10 gallon tank,so should i wait until the cycle is complete to move the filter and my single adf over, or should i get the tank and make the switch? Will it effect my cycle, especially if I also wanted to put a mystery snail or two in the 10 gallon? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  2. happyfins14Valued MemberMember

If I were you I would wait for the cycle to finish so the filter's completely ready for another tank, but I think you could move it now without any problems..

3. CindiLFishlore LegendMember

You can move it all over now. I'd wait on the snails until the cycle is complete. What are your current readings?

4. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

I also say to go ahead and move it now, the cycle will be slightly easier on your frog in the larger tank (more water means levels don't rise as quickly). And yes, wait on the snails until your cycle is complete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

Thanks guys! I think I am going to buy the tank tomorrow!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice