Moving fish to new aquarium and adding new ones

Boltaction

Howdy,

I’m upgrading from my current 36 gallon aquarium to a 75 gallon. It’s almost done cycling so I’ll be adding the fish from my 36 gallon soon. I also want to get a few new fish since I’ll have the extra room, probably 4-5 angelfish and some more neon tetras.

My question is, should I get the new fish first and add them to the 75 gallon, then slowly add the fish from my current tank? Or rather rehome my current fish first? I have 8 corys, 11 neon tetras, and 2 Bolivian Rams. My thought is to add the new fish first, in case of any disease they won’t affect my current fish. On the other side if I add my current fish and there’s ammonia spike or something, I can easily put them back in the 36.

Any help would be appreciated!

richiep

Going into a new tank is the same as getting them from your lfs and whats advised there is to add them all together at the same time if they're all compatible

Upvote 0

2fishinabowl

Howdy,

I’m upgrading from my current 36 gallon aquarium to a 75 gallon. It’s almost done cycling so I’ll be adding the fish from my 36 gallon soon. I also want to get a few new fish since I’ll have the extra room, probably 4-5 angelfish and some more neon tetras.

My question is, should I get the new fish first and add them to the 75 gallon, then slowly add the fish from my current tank? Or rather rehome my current fish first? I have 8 corys, 11 neon tetras, and 2 Bolivian Rams. My thought is to add the new fish first, in case of any disease they won’t affect my current fish. On the other side if I add my current fish and there’s ammonia spike or something, I can easily put them back in the 36.

Any help would be appreciated!
I'd move the fish you already have first. Then add the new fish once you're sure all is ok.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ouse
Replies
Views
Leeman75
  • Question
30 Gallon Tank Adding fish?
Replies
Views