moving fish around... will it work?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by monkeypie102, Dec 2, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

okay so I bought 4 black skirt tetra from walmart (one named Captain Back Skirt because it is missing an eye) now I was wondering if I can move them to my 29g that has:
    1 Veiltail Betta
    6 Black Neons
    6 Albino Cories
    assassin snails (number unknown!)

I will be rescaping the tank tonight as my brother finally gave me my tanks stand back! plus he gave me some new things I may or may not add... haven't decided yet...

Also if I can move the skirts the 26g will be a Shrimp only tank... will having Driftwood in the tank be necessary? or will I be able to move it and just grow a jungle or plants? also the 26 has 6 otos but I never see them on the wood :/

2. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

maybe I should mention I got the skirts about a week ago no ick (I know I was surprised too) and the fins are looking so much nicer already :)

3. Landozer18

Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

SHRIMP LOVE DRIFTWOOD!!!!!!
    Do forgot to remove the tanis from drift wood!

4. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

driftwood has been in the tank since I got it 2 months ago and in my brothers tank for 2 years before.. any tanis were gone YEARs ago ;) besides I like the slight coloring in the tanks that you get with new wood/leaves :)

5. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Bettas can be a hit-and-miss in community tanks. Your black skirts nice fins might encourage him to nip a bit but it depends on the fish. If he doesn't bully your others he might be OK. And shrimp always do.well im a shrimp/invert only tank.

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Yeah Cresendo has been doing great with the other fish in the tank and no nipping but I will keep an eye on it just in case something goes wrong, but I doubt it will :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice