moving fish around... will it work?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by monkeypie102, Dec 2, 2012.

1. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

okay so I bought 4 black skirt tetra from walmart (one named Captain Back Skirt because it is missing an eye) now I was wondering if I can move them to my 29g that has:
    1 Veiltail Betta
    6 Black Neons
    6 Albino Cories
    assassin snails (number unknown!)

I will be rescaping the tank tonight as my brother finally gave me my tanks stand back! plus he gave me some new things I may or may not add... haven't decided yet...

Also if I can move the skirts the 26g will be a Shrimp only tank... will having Driftwood in the tank be necessary? or will I be able to move it and just grow a jungle or plants? also the 26 has 6 otos but I never see them on the wood :/

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

maybe I should mention I got the skirts about a week ago no ick (I know I was surprised too) and the fins are looking so much nicer already :)

3. Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

SHRIMP LOVE DRIFTWOOD!!!!!!
    Do forgot to remove the tanis from drift wood!

4. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

driftwood has been in the tank since I got it 2 months ago and in my brothers tank for 2 years before.. any tanis were gone YEARs ago ;) besides I like the slight coloring in the tanks that you get with new wood/leaves :)

5. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Bettas can be a hit-and-miss in community tanks. Your black skirts nice fins might encourage him to nip a bit but it depends on the fish. If he doesn't bully your others he might be OK. And shrimp always do.well im a shrimp/invert only tank.

6. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Yeah Cresendo has been doing great with the other fish in the tank and no nipping but I will keep an eye on it just in case something goes wrong, but I doubt it will :)