Moving Everyone To Qt For Columnaris

Tyler White

Reaction score
Would it be feasible to set up a 10g qt tank and move everyone
(5 peppered corys, 6 neon tetras and a male guppy) from my 36 gallon main tank and just treat in the 10 gallon with the api fungus cure i have (has acrilfavine) until my order of kanaplex and furan-2 comes in?

And if so how would one go about clearing out the main tank of the infection. I know its like ich and ever present in the aquarium setting. But to get the tank back to normal with the least amount of guess work and tear down. Im leaning towards the overdose of hydrogen peroxide.
Wondering if anyone has a problem with that course of action.

The infection got in from two female guppys (deceased in 48 hours) and has since spread to the male and the tetras. The cories look okay other than one that has for the most part looked bone white since treatment began.

Current treatment has been pimafix, metroplex (dosed without realizing it wont do anything) aquarium salt (dosed after reading misinformation about cories being able to handle it. They're not happy but still hanging in there) and paraguard.

Look forward to hearing from you all. Thank you

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
There is not really any point moving them to a cramped 10g if all the fish are infected. Just treat them in the main tank to ease the stress, etc.

MissRuthless

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You have not given any information in regards to what you are treating, what symptoms led you to treat for it, or your water parameters. No one can help without that info, except to say that moving an entire tank of fish into a tiny qt to treat them all is unnecessarily stressful and will not help their condition. If this 10g is not already set up and well cycled, you will be putting them into a toxic box. Don't do that. You have already thrown a lot of random chemicals at them. Figure out 100% what you're dealing with and what the appropriate treatment is, and then treat the entire tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom