Moving Betta To New 3.5 Tank Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Jrod86, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jrod86New MemberMember

So you guys helped me a week ago with our Betta in a 0.75gl cube, today we bought a 3.5 tank w filter, heater, hood. Betta is 7-8 weeks old

So now I'm wondering do we have to cycle the new 3.5 tank? Can we just use api perfect start or quick start and move her tonight? Or do I need to do a full cycle? Can I just fill it up with conditioned water and her and just test it as we go? Not sure what to do with out harming the fish

Some people say yes you need to cycle, others say no

2. _IceFyre_Well Known MemberMember

Since your cube is also uncycled, I'd just add the perfect or quick start and add the betta in. Bettas tend to do well with fish-in cycles; just keep up with the water changes and she should be fine.

3. psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Agree.

4. LorekeeperWell Known MemberMember

If you don't have a test kit, I'd do pretty frequent water changes. Every 1-2 days, and around 50% to be safe. Dose Prime daily, if you can.

This isn't always brought up, because not all LFS's do it, but if you have a local store, see if you can get them to give you some cycled media. Some will do it, and it'd just take a little piece of sponge or a few media balls to get your cycle going really quick.

5. Jrod86New MemberMember

Okay, we have the perfect start, we have Cleaned the new tank and got everything in place just gonna let the water get to temp and then add the perfect start.

What the best way to move her? Just use the net we have? I'm getting a test kit tomorrow, does the kit have instructions or a guide so I know how to balance everything? Do I even do anything since Im going to use the perfect start?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. _IceFyre_Well Known MemberMember

I prefer to scoop out my bettas with a cup rather than a net to minimize the chances of their fins getting caught and ripping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice