Moving betta to a new tank

kitsuwn

hello! hopefully someone will be able to help me with this. back in january, i set up a 3.6 gallon tank for my male koi betta (the one in my pfp). he's been doing well, the tank is very established and has been cycled for months. however, i wanted to give him an upgrade because i feel a little bit sad for him being in such a small tank and he is a very active swimmer.

there is a 6.6 gallon tank i would like to buy him for sale near me. would i be able to instantly transfer him and all of his belongings (substrate, live plants, rocks, filter media, etc.) into the new tank without any problems? would the tank be instantly cycled by doing that? would it be safe to do this and wouldn't put him in any harm? thanks for any help. i would clean up and sell his old tank if i can do this.

kansas

I did something similar once and it worked well. If you move every thing as you say, you'll be moving the benicifial barteria.

I dosed with Prime for a day or two just in case there was an ammonia spike, but there wasn't, everything was fine.

That said, I only did this once. Good luck.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
kinsey12345
Replies
Views
alexk77
  • Question
Replies