Moving And Selling

Preston Landolt
I’m moving 8 hours away from my current residence a decided to sell all of my cichlids in my 55 gallon tank. They will be taken tomorrow, but I can’t help but wonder what to put in it next. So many species are flashing around in my crazy little brain and I just can’t decide. Should I do cichlids again? If so I know what ones I like and dislike, or I could do tiger barbs and tank mates ( tell me what mated you think ) or maybe go with angel fish. Any input on fish would help. If possible I would like tightly schooling fish, shoaling fish, a nice centerpiece or two, and a clean up crew any input would be greatly appreciated

KinsKicks
Hello!

You can’t go wrong with a nice sized school of rummynoses (one of the, if not the, tightest schooling fishes and gorgeous!) Angelfish (could opt for a pair as well) and Bronze or SterbaI corys to round out the bottom

Preston Landolt
I do like the look of rummy nose tetras, I like how they look with neons, but are they safe with angels? Also roseline sharks look good with rummy nose tetra, are those safe?

aussieJJDude
Rummies and angels are fine. So are rummies with roseline sharks.

KinsKicks
Rosaline Sharks (or Denison barbs) get almost double the size of a rummy and should really be in a 75 gallon minimum.

Rummys are quite placid and are a favorite as peaceful schoolers with angels (I keep a school with discus and have no problems!).

Preston Landolt
Good to know!

Preston Landolt
So, I’m pretty sure about getting angle fish and rummy nose, but for the clean up crew, what kind of cories should I get, or if there’s a better cleaner what is it. Also I want another kind of fish that will school if you will with the rummy nose tetra but are larger than them. As I stated earlier I like roseline sharks, but they grow too large. Thanks for the quick responses!!!

KinsKicks
Since angels are on the warmer end on tropical fish, the only corys that are tolerable of the extra heat are sterbaI and bronze/albinos (most albinos are bronze).

And a 2-3” schooler is about the max you could do without the swimming space getting too crowded (there are 3 species of rummy that are a bit difficult to discern, so unfortunately they all get sold under the same name. But the most common is H. bleherI which does get to 2”). If you’d like a pop of color in addition to the rummys Cardinal tetras are quite beautiful as well, and aren’t too small either

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rtessy
Replies
Views
Gypsy13
Replies
Views
Moniquee
Replies
Views