Moving And Need Help!

Reaction score
I have a black moor goldfish named Sushi that is a little over two years old. I am moving from Missouri to Arkansas and will most likely be staying in a hotel for at least a week before I get to move in. Sushi is my first and only fish and I have never moved one before. Do you have any tips on what I should do? What I’ve read so far is to pack them like your shipping them but I don’t think that’ll work for a week. His tank will most likely be packed up along with most of his supplies. I just want to do what is best for him. Thank you

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MyGoldiesNameIsSushi said:
I have a black moor goldfish named Sushi that is a little over two years old. I am moving from Missouri to Arkansas and will most likely be staying in a hotel for at least a week before I get to move in. Sushi is my first and only fish and I have never moved one before. Do you have any tips on what I should do? What I’ve read so far is to pack them like your shipping them but I don’t think that’ll work for a week. His tank will most likely be packed up along with most of his supplies. I just want to do what is best for him. Thank you
How big is the tank?

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you "board" him at a local LFS and then when you are moved in have him shipped to you? It might be pricey, but your other option would be to set up a temporary aquarium in a cooler with a battery operated pump.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would just cycle a sponge or HOB and keep him in a bucket or some other plastic container for a week without feeding him to limit waste.

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hotels would likely be touchy about open buckets. A cooler would be less conspicuous if kept in a closet while out of the room.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom