Moving And My 45 Gallon

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by aquarook, Jun 18, 2018.

1. aquarook

aquarook New Member Member

Hello all! In a few months I'll be moving from my 5th floor apartment into my own house (hooray!!). I read up on moving my 45 Gallon ( and smaller 5 gallon) and was mentally preparing for it all. However, within the last three months I've tried to transition my tank from plastic plants to fully planted. I have a large piece of driftwood as the main focus of the tank, terracotta pots, and some plants. I attempted to put Fluorite mixed with the gravel I already had but it didn't end up looking too nice. I was ready to just take it apart and move it all and put it back together as-is but now I'm rethinking this. Can I rescape, put down Fluorite and cap with different gravel, and move things around? Would this cause even more stress/ would I lose too significant amount of beneficial bacteria if I just scrap all my current substrate?
    Also... any tips for working with what I already have? :) Or some low cost improvements to my decor? I'm a single mum and have put a lot of money into a new 5 gallon shrimp tank lately, and with my home purchase my cash flow is very limited :)!
    Thanks for all the input!

Edit: also meant to include a picture! 20180618_153817.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
  2. d

danhutchins Valued Member Member

The BB mainly lives in your filter so you should be fine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice