Moving African cichlids to bigger tank in a different house hour drive away

Fishjunkiejimmy

So I need to move my African cichlids from where they are as person where they are is moving so while I’m moving them I’m upgrading them to a 110 gallon from a 72 needs to b done they got bigger and are now getting really aggressive towards each other one killed already anyway what I need to know is do I need to move all the old water in the move or can I just take the fish and what water I use to move them witch will b about 20 gallons I’m gonna use all the same decorations amd the substrate will have to add more but I don’t wanna transfer all the old water do u guys think I can get away with the 20 or so gallons if I do a real slow drip acclamation any advice is welcome thanks

Bwood22

So I need to move my African cichlids from where they are as person where they are is moving so while I’m moving them I’m upgrading them to a 110 gallon from a 72 needs to b done they got bigger and are now getting really aggressive towards each other one killed already anyway what I need to know is do I need to move all the old water in the move or can I just take the fish and what water I use to move them witch will b about 20 gallons I’m gonna use all the same decorations amd the substrate will have to add more but I don’t wanna transfer all the old water do u guys think I can get away with the 20 or so gallons if I do a real slow drip acclamation any advice is welcome thanks
Are you moving them to a different house or just a different tank in the same house?

The short answer is No, you don't have to move the water.

Make sure your temp is close.
And your PH is relatively the same.
They will appreciate a bunch of fresh water.
They are pretty tough little dudes.

Don't overthink it...they get shipped across the country in boxes, just focus your efforts on not crashing your cycle.

A201

Styrofoam Ice Chests work well when transporting fish.

Bwood22

Styrofoam Ice Chests work well when transporting fish.
I missed the 2nd half of the title of the post about the hour drive.
The styrofoam coolers are a great idea.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ALS
  • Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
ALS