Question Moving/Adding fush to new tank

Bettanewb78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all! I just completed a 20 gallon long to move my betta and corys into. Right now i have a male betta and 2 pepper corys in a 10 gallon and I plan on getting 3 more corys and a couple otos to complete the new tank.

From what I've gathered I should add the otos to the new tank since they're sensitive to moves. So my questions are should I fill the new tank with the new fish and then add my current fishes later? I started the new tank with a sponge filter to seed it, I havent yet taken parameters but I just filled it last night. How many fish should I add at once and how long to wait between? Or should I add the otos to new tank to quarantine, then add my current fish and use the 10 gal to quarantine the new corys? I appreciate any insight on how to smoothly transition everyone. Thank you!

Attachments

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The 3 fish you have in the 10g can move just fine to the 20g without destroying your cycle. However I would move the corydoras wait a week, buy the new ones and add them and then add your betta last a few days to a week later. This will prevent him from getting aggresive with the new corydoras. He may be perfectly fine with the new fish but it's safer to add him last just in case.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom