Moving 55 community stock to 75 gallon- What now for my 55? Something different

1. 1611mac Member Member

I'm cautiously (bio-load) moving my community 55g stock into a well cycled 75 gal. (and monitoring water params.)

I'm beginning to think about how I want to restock the 55g and I'm looking for suggestions.

I will first be moving twelve Harlequin Rasbora into the tank for sure (from my 20g Cherry Shrimp tank which now has 80 plus shrimp.)

I also want to add a good number (dozen) of CPD's (Celestial Perl Danio's).

So I'll have Harlequins and CPD's.... What else for this community?
    I have Cory's, Danios, Livebearers, Mollys, Neon Tetra's, Dwarf Gourami's, in other tanks and am looking for something different.

I have medium BDBS (Black Diamond Blasting Sand) and easy, easy, live plants that I don't mind getting rooted up, etc. Mostly Wisteria and easy/hardy plants.

Suggestions Please -

Any loaches appropriate for 55g? Ropefish? etc. (Looking for something a bit on the "different" side. )

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

(Stock will be added slowly, quarantined, API water tests, weekly 30% water changes.)

2. shusband Well Known Member Member

Yoyo or khuli loaches could work. If you want something different I really like African bush fish/leopard fish. They cannot be kept with small fish

3. octavio Member Member

For a lovey closely knit shoaling/schooling fish Rummy Nose Tetras are wonderful. Once settled in they happily spend their day dashing around, back and forth.

4. 1611mac Member Member

Thank you for the suggestion. Would Yoyo's and Khuli's work together?

5. 1611mac Member Member

Good suggestion. I had considered RN Tetras previously but locals didn't have them at the time. Will absolutely consider. Thanks for the reminder on this fish.

6. shusband Well Known Member Member

I doubt they would have any problems. I personally prefer yoyo loaches, but they get significantly larger. They have different body types, and behaviors.

7. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Zebra loaches would also be an option.

8. 1611mac Member Member

thanks! Appreciate your reply. Will consider.