Moved Aquarium Away From The Window

Lonnie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi Folks,

Two months ago I thought it would be a wise idea to put a 20 gallon aquarium by the west window. I thought it would help with aquatic plant growth. Within a matter of weeks the java plants had grown a little. But algae covered the backside of the aquarium and prevent sunlight from shining in. Algae started to cover the whole tank and made me miserable. It took away the pleasure of having an aquarium. The out of control Java Moss was just as bad and it was everywhere like a storm. Today I moved the aquarium to the south wall with no window. Hopefully the algae and java moss will subside. I love this forum and the advice I get from everyone.

Thank you,

Lonnie

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would suggest a cleaning. take a clean toothbrush to the algae then siphon, trim away any unwanted java moss, and put it somewhere else (another tank?) Not sure what you're after though.

Lonnie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Crafty Cichlid said:
I would suggest a cleaning. take a clean toothbrush to the algae then siphon, trim away any unwanted java moss, and put it somewhere else (another tank?) Not sure what you're after though.
Thank you for the advice. I just want to be in control of the aquarium. The algae was growing like wildfire. Even scrubbing did not help. Decided to move the aquarium. I am feeling better about the situation already.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom