Move swordtail back?

Makalah

I moved my swordtail into my 60 gallon goldfish tank because I thought I was selling my 20 gallon and I didn’t want to re-home him. I found a temp that would suit them all and introduced one fantail goldfish. They seemed to get along great! I recently introduced two more fantails and now the swordtail hides all the time. I didn’t end up selling my 20 gallon after all and have harlequin rasboras in there I am currently treating for fin rot. Once the treatment on the rasboras is complete should I move my swordtail back into the 20 gallon to be more comfortable?

Fishboy32

emeraldking

Makalah said:
I moved my swordtail into my 60 gallon goldfish tank because I thought I was selling my 20 gallon and I didn’t want to re-home him. I found a temp that would suit them all and introduced one fantail goldfish. They seemed to get along great! I recently introduced two more fantails and now the swordtail hides all the time. I didn’t end up selling my 20 gallon after all and have harlequin rasboras in there I am currently treating for fin rot. Once the treatment on the rasboras is complete should I move my swordtail back into the 20 gallon to be more comfortable?
Yes, I'd move him back as well. The extra fish you've added , may have caused him to hide more. It's probably their dominance in the tank he's hiding for.
Fishboy32 said:
move the swordtail back and make the temp cooler for the goldies. Goldies need colder water
It's totally not needed for the goldies to have cold water. Goldfish have a broad margin of water temperature that they can live in without any problems. But because of this fact, you can keep them in cold water. It saves you a heater...
In heated water, the goldfish grows only faster. Nothing more...

Makalah

emeraldking said:
Yes, I'd move him back as well. The extra fish you've added , may have caused him to hide more. It's probably their dominance in the tank he's hiding for.

It's totally not needed for the goldies to have cold water. Goldfish have a broad margin of water temperature that they can live in without any problems. But because of this fact, you can keep them in cold water. It saves you a heater...
In heated water, the goldfish grows only faster. Nothing more...
Thanks! I moved him back and he seems more comfortable. The heater actually came with the tank when I bought it so I figured why not? I have it set and the tank likes to hover around 68-69

Fishboy32

good!

Latest threads

Top Bottom