Mother Guppy Had More Fry!

Lakemontfishlover

Member
My mother guppy had fry about 3 weeks ago and today she is popping out more babies, what’s going on, no males in that tank???
 

BaraYoukai

Member
I've read that guppies can store sperm from one mating for months... So you might have a few more batches of babies before you are done!
 

Smalltownfishfriend

Member
How long did you have her?? Mollies can store sperm from the males for quite some time!!
 
  • Thread Starter

Lakemontfishlover

Member
Smalltownfishfriend said:
How long did you have her?? Mollies can store sperm from the males for quite some time!!
I’ve had her and her sister since November. They both had fry a week apart and they are in a tank with all females and female fry. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw these little stinkers swimming around. I have three aquariums and about maxed out on fry. Thanks for your reply.
 
  • Thread Starter

Lakemontfishlover

Member
BaraYoukai said:
I've read that guppies can store sperm from one mating for months... So you might have a few more batches of babies before you are done!
Thank you
 

Smalltownfishfriend

Member
Lakemontfishlover said:
I’ve had her and her sister since November. They both had fry a week apart and they are in a tank with all females and female fry. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw these little stinkers swimming around. I have three aquariums and about maxed out on fry. Thanks for your reply.
Your welcome!! Maybe your lfs would take the fry if you can't keep them??!!
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom