most water you've had on the floor?

beginner

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
filter leak, tank blowout, dropped bucket, forgot to turn hose off/ fell out of tank? this stuff kinda happens over the years. what your story?

riptide904

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I once dropped a bucket of filthy tank water on the living room carpet while carrying it outside. My mom had to get a cleaning service.

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just last week I was draining some of the water out of the big tank into the 5 gallon bucket that was sitting in the bathtub and the hose jumped out of the bucket and onto the floor before I realized it. About 10 gallons of water all over the bathroom floor and out into the hallway carpet. Took every towel in the house and a couple of bedsheets to mop up the mess.

Edit: Of course, if you're not talking just fish tank spillage, we had about 42" of water through our house during the last flood a couple of years ago. Even had carp swimming in the front yard.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh I've got a story for you. 3:18 AM, sound asleep. All the sudden-- " CRACK! Splooshhhhhhhh...."

5 gallons in the carpet, near $200 worth of books inches from being ruined (and about $50 worth of books actually ruined), one betta and 3 ghost shrimp shoved into a 1/4 gallon Kritter Keeper later, I was ready to kill someone. I'm not a morning person, nor do take to being woke up. Especially not to an exploding tank!

Other than that, I spill dirty fish water on the floor all the time. Luckily the rest of the house is tile. My carpet attracts wet, though

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh I've got a story for you. 3:18 AM, sound asleep. All the sudden-- " CRACK! Splooshhhhhhhh...."

5 gallons in the carpet, near $200 worth of books inches from being ruined (and about $50 worth of books actually ruined), one betta and 3 ghost shrimp shoved into a 1/4 gallon Kritter Keeper later, I was ready to kill someone. I'm not a morning person, nor do take to being woke up. Especially not to an exploding tank!

Other than that, I spill dirty fish water on the floor all the time. Luckily the rest of the house is tile. My carpet attracts wet, though
That is horrible! I hope I never have to go through something like that.

Ziggi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmmm lessee, I've had the dirty water bucket splash because my dog got in the way while I was taking it to the sink, the clean water refill miss the tank, (finally upgraded to a water changer), sink backed up - unknown amount of water spilled on bathroom floor ... multiple times! and I've over filled one tank ... now THAT was perfectly timed, as mom walks in to see me with multiple towels... -_-; Today's water change and plant maintenance involved only a few drops though

Akari - All these exploding tank stories is scaring me. I was afraid that was gonna happen when my little cousins visited, they were "hanging" on my 20 gal Long that is on a metal stand (I question it's structure, but it's still standing) all I could see was it all tip, the tank emptying... cousins crying... aunt yelling... etc ... Thank GOD that didn't happen!

Mandine

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I use a gravel vac shoved under my bathroom faucet to fill a 5 gallon water jug and I often wander away and forget about it only to find it's overflowed all over my bathroom. This is scary for me tho as we live on the 3rd floor of an apartment house and our landlord is our best friend so we really can't do anything to screw him over, even accidentally. Usually quick mopping with towels and the spillage is contained. Never had any complaints from the downstairs people that anything has leaked so that is good... lol

beginner

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I had a 90gal seam bust. some time around 45 minutes I left and came back just after filling it. walking up I thought wow that's some clear water.... till I was ankle deep in it

cichlidman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i spilt 3 gallons or so of water on my carpet.. i thought it would never dry! most of the room was wet

Bluegillfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I lost 25G when my stand collapsed and shattered my tank sent my gourami and snails shooting across the floor.. I ran some water in a bucket tossed prime in and plucked them up and put them in thank god they survived.

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A few years back my brother and i lived upstairs and between our rooms was enough space for a 30g tank... it was there for a good 8 months then one night the bottom seal on the front pops and we have our own niagra falls going down the stair and into our parents room from their ceiling... fish were save (due to my brother having like 5 more tanks in his room xD)

Just 2 years ago same thing happed but to my brother 75g xD made me laugh because he thought he was dreaming of water lol... horrible mess though we got lucky never grew mold!

slimeneo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have never spilled a bucket of water but still my parents reprimand me even for a FEW DROPS of water on the carpet... at night when I hear loud noises, I get paranoid that my fish tank broke or something. Unfortunately my parents won't let me move the tank to my room because it's "not good" (feng shui, or something)..

Dlondon95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I was just ready to walk out the door at 5 in the morning to go hunting and I heard something downstair that sounded like running water. I went down to find that my 110g blew a seal at the bottom and dumped about 95g on the floor....

Lets just say I was not a happy camper...

slimeneo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was just ready to walk out the door at 5 in the morning to go hunting and I heard something downstair that sounded like running water. I went down to find that my 110g blew a seal at the bottom and dumped about 95g on the floor....

Lets just say I was not a happy camper...
I'm curious; what did you do? did you save the fish?

I don't think I'd react fast enough if that happened to me. Plus I only have another 5.5 gal which could only hold the fish for a short while..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom