Most Unique Fish/invertebrate?

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
XCamera-20171025_145239.jpg

This is a bad photo of one of the waspfish. Species is n. Depressifons we are pretty sure.

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks! He is very, very fat because they pigged out on the blackworms in the tank. LOL that was the first night they were in the tank.

Fishygirl1219

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think my most unique fish could possibly be my rainbow fish or my bolivian ram...and as for invertebrate probably my algea eating shrimp

Nataku

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MLBJ said:
and Muddy, who is a oyster fish. View attachment 369902
Ah I haven't seen anyone else with a oyster toadfish in ages!
We had an orange variant named Pumpkin back in my Marine Bio courses whom I became the sole caretaker of because everyone was afraid to stick their hands in her tank. She was the most chill fish. Loved scritches behind the gills. Watching her wiggle her fat but along the substrate over to the edge of the tank if your hand was in there and bump it for scritches was the most adorable thing.

Does Muddy talk?

MLBJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't think so. He is kinda reclusive. Until feeding time, anyway. After dark he comes out and waits expectantly for the tongs to appear with worms .

Nataku

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The tongs are truly the most important thing in an oyster fish's life. One would think they were nothing but a mouth and a stomach sometimes.

They're surprisingly loud when they do decide to talk. You can see if you can trigger him to vocalize by playing recordings of them from YouTube. But then.... He may never stop. So maybe its not the best idea xD;

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom