Most rewarding fish.

man5onite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Simple question, perhaps not as easy to answer;
Which fish has given you the most joy, satisfaction, "aww-moments" etc.?
Out of the fish I've got, I have to say kribensis is my favourite so far(I'm new).
They play, they dig, they fight, not too agressive and very pretty.
I also have platies, Otto, 1 blue and 1 opaline gourami and two Panaque maccus.

Lars Olav.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shock

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I would say my three striped damselfish. I've had a lot of struggles with SW at first, but he's been a trooper and done amazing. I kind of <3 him/her

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I haven't had a great variety of fish, as I just started this addiction last August. I would say the one(s) I love the most would be the bronze cories, definitely the highest cute factor and I love how they are so sweet and playful with everyone in the tank. The pandas are also right up there but I haven't been able to keep very many successfully, not sure why.

I am busy trying to save one of my bronze cories right now. He has been sick for over a month.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
hmmmm It has to be Toby the she Goby! because when i first got her i didnt know what she was and everone was convinced it was an otto but i knew it wasn't just was unsure what it was. Plus it vanishes and makes me panic and it has a whole load of attitude to boot

forgetti

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My favourites are also the bronce cories, i love the way they roll their eyes and they stop to chew their food, I've only got 2 but I think I'll get some more, got 2 peppered cories as well, but prefer the bronce, sooo cute

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There are a souple ways to evaluate most rewarding. My goldfish is the fish i watch the most, and is the most entertaining. With Fish the goldfish, its like - oh my God, look at her now! look what shes doing now!

however, the african knife is rewarding because its so shy. a fish that is not always out and about is very rewarding, when its out. its one of those things where you stop what youre doing to watch. Now, a year later, itll eat from my fingers - but it still hides from people it doesnt know. the BGK is the same way.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh, wow, this is a toughie.

My bettas are rewarding because they're so personable, my goldies because I love the way their little bums wiggle when they swim, my jellybean cons because they're so stinkin' cute, my JD's because they like to interact, my clownfish because he likes to interact, my oscar because he "plays" with my daughter.

I can go on and on, but I'll sum it up instead:

All of my fish are rewarding in their own way and I can't possibly pick the most rewarding. Each tank gives me awe at some point and time and I adore them all.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I enjoy my kribs... and my cories... and my bettas... oh yeah and my tiger barbs... the rosy's are cool too, my white clouds are entertaining... well there's also my snails... they have great personality for spineless slimes.... uhhh... my syno cat is really neat to watch too... uhm... uhm... all of 'em!

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Definetly my pleco for the interaction factor (that is when i can interact with him). He will sometimes come to the front of the tank and flare at me when i talk to him.

For the watching thing defintly my green terror awesome to watch eat.

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good post I would have to say my Electric Blue Johanni. I can literally knock on the tank glass and he comes to hang out with me. Although recently I picked up a Spotted Raphael and he is the coolest thing since sliced bread! Only problem is he only comes out when he feels like it which is RARE.....and when the fatty is eating lol.

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My bettas definantly! I trained them to jump and take food off my fingers which is really fun! Whenever I come and look at them, they do this funny little wiggly dance begging for food! I <3 my betta boys!

Last edited:

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Definitely Howl my betta He's very interractive with both my mother and I. Such a gorgeous boy. I bought him new plants and he's made three nests all over them and spends all his time swimming amongst them. SUCH A GORGEOUS BOY!!!

And for pure giggles.... Road runner the Dwarf Gourami. You watch him for 30mins and spend the whole time laughing at the way he acts. I also love the fact that he's made "territory". His territory is the open back corner of the tank. Who needs plants or a cave for territory?! No, his territory is the glass of the tank on the right side and he defends it! rofl.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Oscar Brute , although my male JD Cresswell is the best looking fish I own!

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I will say all the fish. Fish give you the relaxation when you look at them.. They swim gracefully...

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My bettas, and my new honey gourami is shaping up to be a contender too!!

The bettas were not being fed this morning, so when I went to put their light on, I had to not look at them in case I gave in... They're so greedy!! (They got a bit extra last night so a fast today will be fine!! I checked they were both swimming out of the corner of my eye but I just couldn't look. Cheeky fish!!

The gourami always reaches forme with his little feelery bits under his chin. I love it, so cute!!

man5onite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's fun that so many people wanted to share their opinions.
Thank you all!

I see lots of you like bettas, I have never owned a betta, but I just maybe get one now.

Even though the kribensis pair is my favorites, my 2 gouramies are just a hoot tö watch also.
Before the kribs were introduced, the gouramies were the king and queen of the tank.
Now however, it is clear that kribs have taken that role.
Even though the gouramies are bigger, they dare not fight the kribs.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think my Koi pond and Koi, more than my tanks. Fun and enjoyable things do happen in the tanks, but the pond is always entertaining and relaxing.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom