Most expensive decor ever got???

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
I didn't have to buy any of my decor except gravel I got the bridge and treasure chest for my birthday, and a friend gave me the petrified wood in the middle of the tank

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Probably 5 or 6 bucks...I'm not exactly loaded with money, I just buy whatever's cheapest : ...well with the exception of fish and major equipment of course.

kerryve

Reaction score
Ive also got a sunken ship, cos about R250 - $35... but its really nice and the fish love hiding in all the little crevices!

Joe G

Reaction score
mine is about 11 in long and the fry like to hide in it or underneath.

kerryve

Reaction score
Yeah, mines about the same size, My pleco loves hiding in it. Just shows you how prices the are different everywhere!

DEADFISH

Reaction score
a "coral reef" lookalike...between 15-20 $$$!!!!!!
everything else was like 5$ or less...even the fish...

hopesmom

Reaction score
a bag of polished stones from walmart for $4, but I may take them back...it says good for aquariums, but it was sold in the silk plant/vase/styrofoam section of the store - not the pet part of the store - so...I don't know...

emilai333

Reaction score
Polished stones from WalMart work for me - depending on the fish. I use larger stones for my bettas, but I've had at least one smaller fish get stuck underneath them.
As far as decor goes, my plants cost $3 each, and I have three of them. I also have 99cent glass vases, two dollar glass cubes, and several 3" diameter PVC connectors. Cheap, easy... and the fish like them.

lokky.funky

Reaction score
I have spent for ornaments only on plastic plants and gravel

Gravel around Rs. 100 (approximately equal to $2)
5 Plastic Plants - around Rs. 50 (approximately equal to $1)

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
A $20 bag of polished smooth baby blue gravel for my 10 gallon Betta tank (needed polished gravel to protect his delicate tail)  and about $15 for a Greek Temple Ruins ornament with airstone for my other 10 gallon Betta tank.

My ten gallon glass tanks were only $11.99 each, cheaper than the gravel or ornaments  :-[

I will probably spend a bundle once I start landscaping with live plants!

New Threads