Most active cory? Question

1. katiemorrison94 Member Member

What is the most active/most fun to watch species of cory? I love corys and I plan to add 10-15 to my 60 gallon aquarium when it's ready. I like the panda corys a lot, but I'm open to any of the. The only one I know I am not fond of is the albino ones. I just think they are to plain, plus I have white sand as my substrate.

My temp stays around 74 degrees. This is going to be a peaceful community tank. Thanks!!!

Tank: 60 gallon (48.50 x 12.75 x 25)
    Temp: around 74 degrees
    *Empty at the moment*
    Trying to finish my aquascape and everything else before adding fish.

2. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

That's a hard question as it can depend on numbers, the more you have the more secure they feel & the more they'll be out & about.
    My largest group at the moment are the adolfoi, there are 24/5 of them & they never seem to stay still, the venezuelanus come a close second in activity followed by my little habrosus.
    What species you have will depend on what other fish you decide to stock as temperature has to be taken into consideration.

4. katiemorrison94 Member Member

I know I want some type of cory and neon/cardinal tetras. I haven't decided on anything else yet. What would work with the neons/cardinals?

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If you go with neons then a cooler temp cory such as pandas or trilineatus would be suitable, if you go with cardinals then sterbai would be better, bronze or albino would go with either neons or cardinals

6. katiemorrison94 Member Member

I like the corys that almost look spotted. Do you know what type are those?

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Without a pic, no, there's probably a hundred or more 'spotted' corys

8. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Could i keep panda corys? Those are the only ones at my LFS

9. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Yes if you go with neons & keep the temp no more than 74/5

10. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Awesome thankyou!