Moss For Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade, Free' started by Culprit, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Hey guys, my Walstad 5 gallon shrimp tank has been taken over... Filter's clogged, light only reaches about 2 inches down, and I never see my shrimp :p. All this from a small packet of half dead Flame Moss from China lol :eek:. Also some Java Moss.

Anyways, its literally growing out of my aquarium. I want to clear it out bigtime. I'm just gonna ask for $7 per baseball sized hunk of Flame Moss, and $10 per baseball sized hunk of Java. Java is limited, Flame moss is pretty available. Buyer payes shipping. This stuff is gorgeous and grows amazingly. Pretty expensive to buy/find elsewhere too. PM me to get some! :)

Also, its growing on metal mesh, some of it. The mesh is about 3x5-6 inches, and super grown in and got about 4-5 inches of growth coming out the top. You can't see the mesh at all. I'll just sell ya that for $15. It'd be perfect for a carpet or something, glue it to your backwall, whatever.

Also for sale!!! Lots of dwarf sag, some hydrocotyle, Bacopa Compact, and Ludwigia Red

I want to see my lovely Fire Reds and Bloody Marys!

P1060882.JPGP1060880.JPG

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. JLeeM

JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

Could this flame moss be wrapped around rocks with some kind of mesh or stocking and still grow?

3. OP
    OP
    Culprit

Definitely. I've glued it, wrapped around it with metal mesh, used thread, even deer netting once. @JLeeM

4. DuaneV

DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

Ill take a baseball of flame moss!

5. -Mak-

-Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

Is some of the flame moss emersed? If so, could I take of emersed ones?

6. OP
    OP
    Culprit

If I let the water gets too low yes :p. I'll give you the stuff that's grown out of the waer, and I have a lot growing on the filter floss that's sticking out of the water, I can give you that as well. It adapts to emersed quickly though.

PM will be sent later

7. -Mak-

-Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

That's great! Please let me know whenever is good to PM :D

8. MD_Plants

MD_PlantsWell Known MemberMember

Might be interested in a baseball if flame. But I really wanna ask if you can provide onsite on like when this tank was setup, how long it took to grow, what you started with, anything like that it will be cool to hear about

9. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Holy macaroni that's super dense! I'll get back to you...

10. OP
    OP
    Culprit

Can you PM me? Really wierd but I can't send you one. Its not popping up with the option on your profile :confused:

Let me see.... I set it up around August of 2017. It had 2 small mesh sheets of flame moss, a crypt, an anubias, some Rotala, Water Sprite, and some HC Cuba. I trimmed the mesh flame moss, and made two more larger mesh sheets, but very sparesly mossed inside. Then I just pretty much left it alone except for 25% water changes weekly.

Its a 5 gallon bowfront acrylic aquarium. Heater is just a small 50 watt preset Tetra. Not my choice, I got this as a kit, it was my first tank. Originally when I got it, 2 years ago, I didn't know anything about fish keeping. I got some TSS+, Tetra Water Dechlorinator, Tetra Glofish food, and a hood with a small blue light. I unknowlingly threw the gravel and fake decorations in, filled it up, put in dechlorinator and TSS (I had no idea why I needed TSS, dechlorinator made sense, and got 2 GloFish tetras from walmart (White Skirt Tetras). Filter was running, and filter floss thrown out every 2 weeks :eek:. Then I got 2 more. They did get weekly gravel vacs and 25% water changes, but it was probably nowhere near enough for them. Then I got on FL about aquascaping... lol. With my plastic plants and glowing gravel. Had some people tell me I had some stocking issues, and it went from there. Now I have a reef, high tech tank, and this one.

The tank has a Lowe's work lamp, with a 8000k floodlight LED. Probably around medium light. When I first started it, I got a few issues with some green algae, but once the plants outcompeted it, which was not long, less then a month, I've had no algae and healthiest plants ever. The tank is dirted and capped with PFS. Filter is a small tetra whisper 10 which is clogged with moss right now, barely trickels. Usually there's a big airstone in there but right now the airstone is being used in QT. Inhabitants are Bloody Mary Shrimp and Fire Shrimp.

PM will be sent

Sounds good :)

11. BKabina

BKabinaValued MemberMember

I’ll take 2 baseballs of flame moss. Pm me details please.

12. OP
    OP
    Culprit

It's going fast!

13. BKabina

BKabinaValued MemberMember

Got the moss today. Thanks.

My feedback was sent to the buying instead of selling. Is there someone that can fix it please?

14. OP
    OP
    Culprit

Send a mod a PM. Coradee, Lucy, one of those.

Hope you enjoy it!

15. OP
    OP
    Culprit

All sold out! Everyones been shipped to. Hope everyone enjoys!