I put a clump of moss in my 10 gallon aquarium in preparation for red cherry shrimp. It all died and now my tank looks like it might be a little high in ammonia, test color yellow but ever so slightly tinted green; nitrites present at 2.0 and nitrates high, 5.0. I am assuming that putting a little "good bacteria" in will help it return to normal more quickly? And I am really wondering why the moss died. Maybe because I don't have a light in the tank? Also, the pH test result is consistently light yellow. Maybe it is below 6.0? Is it important enough to get some sort of low pH test kit? I use the API Freshwater Aquarium Master Test Kit.