Moss Ball Had A Worm.

jfs4
Is it normal that moss balls come with a worm?

shiv234
nope..take it out of your aquarium and quarantine it...the moss ball that is....quarantine it and see how much worms it got

adh/smile
I agree with shiv234. Search the rest of your tank for any worms that may have fallen off the moss ball. Could you post a picture?

jfs4

1519432426102.jpegIs it normal that moss balls come with a worm?

I agree with shiv234. Search the rest of your tank for any worms that may have fallen off the moss ball. Could you post a picture?

I didnt see any other worms. It was in there for maybe ten minutes

adh/smile
Ew. :hungover:

shiv234
amm...what was in the tank with it

jfs4
I've named the worm Nicholas Maduro. Bahaha. Anyways, I'm going to take it back to the store. I don't think it did anything.

shiv234
I've named the worm Nicholas Maduro. Bahaha. Anyways, I'm going to take it back to the store. I don't think it did anything.
waittt....let the worm grow and see what it turns into. I found an animal in a moss ball I bought a time....it turned out to be a baby betta and it lived happily after until I didn't close the lid and my dog ate it and brought me the tail

jfs4
It's not worth the 8 dollars haha

shiv234
It's not worth the 8 dollars haha
but its a plant and animal....Where is your sense of mystery man

Lucy
Are you sure it's a worm? Did you check for legs? Is it alive?

adh/smile
waittt....let the worm grow and see what it turns into. I found an animal in a moss ball I bought a time....it turned out to be a baby betta and it lived happily after until I didn't close the lid and my dog ate it and brought me the tail
AAAHHH! How can you say that betta lived "happily ever after" that's a horror story! Really cool, but it ends really bad.

I agree though, you should keep the "worm" and see what it develops into. Besides, the moss ball will be fine with the worm.

shiv234
w
AAAHHH! How can you say that betta lived "happily ever after" that's a horror story! Really cool, but it ends really bad.

I agree though, you should keep the "worm" and see what it develops into. Besides, the moss ball will be fine with the worm.
well I mean....I had enough fishes and 1 more to the collection was pushing it so I really didn't form a bond with it...so it wasn't really that bad when it died

adh/smile
w

well I mean....I had enough fishes and 1 more to the collection was pushing it so I really didn't form a bond with it...so it wasn't really that bad when it died
Yeah, I see your point. It's just that betta fish are my passion and it is a horror story for me to hear a dog eating one. But, that is just my view on it.

Jessica J
Yes keep the worm. Grow it never know. Do some research on it maybe nothing just dirty tanks from where it came or... It could be the next big Discover and you just started the thread that leads to it!!! Ohhhh man mind blown. Just let that soak in. I would not put it in your tank though. Could be alien parasite.

Looks like a mealworm to me to be honest. Maybe one fell in at the pet store before u got it. Is it alive or dead?

wodesorel
Looks like some sort of water beetle larvae. They can be predatory, so at the very least quarantine! There could be more eggs.

Mazeus
Yeah, I'd say larvae as well.

jfs4
HI all,
I took the whole thing back to the store that night. SO, no harm done to any of the fish.

Moe1992
I just got my marimo balls earlier this week. One started to "open" so I took it out and rolled it around a d noticed a little red worm. Almost like an earth worm. Can anyone please tell me what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_012301.jpg
    IMG_20190521_012301.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 76

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PonzLL
Top Bottom