moss and ricca care/attatchment

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by featherblue, Jan 5, 2013.

1. featherblueWell Known MemberMember

So I impulse grabbed a little container of ricca at the lfs today, and I don't really know much about it. I read the plant profile here for it, but still have a few questions.

Do I treat it like java or flame moss to attach it to stuff? Just tie it in place? Or should I net it and grow the ricca thru to anchor?

I now have potassium and excel for my plants, but I'm still confused on how much to dose and when with the potassium. I saw the quantity onnthe bottle, but it also recommended watching for yellowing grow as a sign to add. I'm not seeing anything like that......does it need the potassium? I have 4 planted tanks: 26w of cfl over 2 10g, 10w cfl 5g, 78w t5ho 29g. Id love any plant care advice. Good growth on wysteria and purple cambra, but both rotala are dying and none of my crypts are spreading.

Recommended nutrients for accelerating Java moss, being grown in a high light plant growing tote without critters?

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Here is a Riccia profile  
    From what I understand it won't attach it's self to any thing like Java Moss does.
    Carol

3. featherblueWell Known MemberMember

So I found a flat piece of rock to try the ricca netted to, starting the spread and set process tomw

Any good dumbies guide to underwater plants? Id like to learn more about the details of ferts etc, but my tootle results have been very vague

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice