Mosquito Rasbora losing color

1. crystalclear Member Member

Hi all,

One of my mosquito rasboras has a cloudy white stripe just behind his head. The colors on the tail are also starting to fade. He eats, but swims at times apart from the group. Does anyone know what this could be?

Water parameters:
    PH 8
    No2 <0.3 mg/l
    KH 16
    GH 11

Thanks for your help!

Foto 2.jpg

2. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!!

Is this happening to just one, or multiple fish? It looks like it could be a fungus, hopefully someone more knowledgable will be able to help you out!

3. Tuufy Member Member

It looks like columnaris to me, can you get him into a hospital tank ASAP so you can treat him separately, as soon as you have ( using tank water he is used to) do a 50% at least water change on your existing tank, hopefully you can eradicate this before it gets to anymore fish..........................good luck, oh yes and can you post what your tank temp is too? as I am sure someone will ask for that!

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Goodness Gracious that does look bad. It looks like columnaris to me to. Make sure you get the fish into an hopital tank like Tuufy said. You will want to treat asap with Meds. Probably Marcyln 1 & 2 and lower the temperature in your tank to 72-74 degrees to stop the fast spread of the infection.

I am sorry your fish is sick.