Mosquito fish with guppies?

Greyfernandes

I have a 240 gal pond and it has a mix of platys,mollies,guppies,least kili fish, koi and 2 gold fish. I breed mosquito fish for my rainwater collector to keep the mosquito population down but I wonder can I add some of my colorful mosquito fish to my pond. My concern is that they'll nip at my fancy guppies and populate quicker than my guppies. Are mosquito fish a good Idea in my pond?

Attachments

• 20210819_100116.jpg
    20210819_100116.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 14

NearMeBettas

You can always try. It should be big enough to give everyone a bit of room. My biggest concern \question over everything is that aren't the koi going to eat the other inhabitants?

emeraldking

They're fin nippers for sure. So, with fancy guppies with large finnage won't be such a great combination. They won't bother the koi. Those koi would be too impressive to those mosquito fish unless they're still very small koi..

Greyfernandes

You can always try. It should be big enough to give everyone a bit of room. My biggest concern \question over everything is that aren't the koi going to eat the other inhabitants?
My koi tend to just stay in their own school and haven't bothered any of my fish

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • AltantaDude
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
chromedome52
  • Question
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies