Mosquito Eggs?

DuaneReads

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, I have a lot of fresh mosquito eggs in standing water, which I grow other things in, like my daphnia, and I fed some eggs to my Betta today and he Loved them. My question is, is it safe to feed mosquito eggs to bettas or will they get internal blockages?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have never heard of the eggs being fed, just larvae. I cannot tell you for sure whether they are safe or not because I have never tried them myself.

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
DuaneReads said:
Hi, I have a lot of fresh mosquito eggs in standing water, which I grow other things in, like my daphnia, and I fed some eggs to my Betta today and he Loved them. My question is, is it safe to feed mosquito eggs to bettas or will they get internal blockages?
Like the other person said, we can tell for 100% certanity but I'd assume it's safe as long as the water they were in did not contain any parasites etc. I do think the betta would be totally fine with mosquito eggs as well as larvae but if you notice even a slight difference of anything in the betta, id adivse to immediately stop feeding.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As they would most likely encounter them in the wild I would think they are safe to eat in moderation.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom