More Than One Bn Pleco? Looking Into Blue Eye Lemon

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Shivermetimbers, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ShivermetimbersValued MemberMember

I have a 40 breeder which currently houses a community of fish which includes a male BN albino pleco. I have had him for about a year and has been doing well. When I got him he was just a juvie unable to be sexed but has since developed the pinkish patch on the top of the head and some bristles, not tons but he is about 3" tip to tail so far.

I found some blue eyed lemon pleco's locally which looked great, but was hesitant because they are about the size of my pleco when I got him and too small to be sexed yet. I know multiple males can lead to fighting, is a 40 breeder big enough for 2 potential males to cohabit-ate peacefully? I will eventually be setting up another tank (20 long) so worse comes to worse I could move one down the road, but if they could stay in the 40 even better. If I get lucky and get a female then this is likely a non-issue.

Also, if this is allowed what does everyone consider a fair price for a small lemon blue eye? Thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. AJEFishlore VIPMember

What other fish are in that tank?

3. ShivermetimbersValued MemberMember

I have a pearl gourami, school of neon tetras (9), 5 cory's, 2 smaller SAE, 1 albino bn pleco, 2 platy, 4 odessa barbs and a hand full of ghost shrimp. I had 5 barbs before, but one met it's maker and the 4 in there seem to be getting along fine so I'm not sure if I want to mess with them by adding anymore. Oh and 1 nerite.

Tank is pretty well planted, I haven't updated my build thread in a while but things have been pretty uneventful in the tank which is fine by me. The SAE were the last thing added a few months back to combat some BBA which they have taken care of quite efficiently. The odessa's and SAE are the only things added in the last 6 months others have been in there for about a year.

Filter is a AC110

4. AJEFishlore VIPMember

If I were you, I would just up the number of barbs

5. JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

Up until recently I had 3 BNs in my 40B. Granted, I had 1 male and 2 females.