More Tetra

Remmy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Currently I have a 15 gallon tank with 1 Betta and 5 Neon Tetra. It used to be a school of 10 but some have died off. I’m going to be restocking it, however, I kinda wanted to get a different colored Tetra. I wanted to know if other Tetra species would school with my current Neon Tetra’s or if I should just stick up again on more Neon’s?

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah if you want multiple schools you need at least a 20g and no other fish species. Just grab 1-5 new tetra!

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
75g Discus Tank said:
I wouldn't do neons or any other fish with a betta in a tank that small.

Neons prefer cooler temps than bettas.

The only tankmates I recommend are ghost shrimp or nerite snails in a 10 gallon with a betta.
I know but they have the neons now so you might as well up the school a little bit to increase the neons happiness.

@Remmy do you think they dies because they were stressed/attacked/eaten?

Remmy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mary765 said:
I know but they have the neons now so you might as well up the school a little bit to increase the neons happiness.

@Remmy do you think they dies because they were stressed/attacked/eaten?
When I had 10 they were all fine. My Betta doesn’t bother them at all and they don’t bother him. He sits at the bottom of the tank most of the time leaning up against the plants like he’s lazing about until I go up to the tank then he swims towards me. As for the Tetra’s I’ve had them for a year then just recently a couple of them had some big white lesions appear. It wasn’t ich because I know what that looks like. It was more like big white tumors of some sort. I tried looking up what it was but never got a good answer. They started growing and then after awhile they passed.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
At least it isn't a betta related cause of death though. I would only add 1 or 2 more though just because your tank is pretty small for 2 species.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom