3 kuhli loaches
    1 flame dwarf gourami
    My final stock is going to have
    12 cherry barbs
    6 kuhli loaches
    2 apistogrammas (pair)
    1 flame dwarf gourami
    1 bn pleco
    But last week I saw pseudomugil gertrudea at my lfs and I was wondering if I could just keep the cherry barbs stock at 6 and get 6 of the pseudomugil gertrudea or if I should just forget about it and get 6 more cherry barbs instead

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

I would not put them in with cherry barbs. It says they are quite timid and outcompeted. I'm guessing for food. I also wouldn't put 12 barbs, maybe 8 at the most.

3. OP
    OP
    Techno

Techno Valued Member Member

Ok and the cherry barb thing why 8 at most? Sorry first time doing a community tank I'm genuinely curious
    O and thanks for the link

4. Dom90

12 would be overcrowding the tank, especially if you're gonna add a BN pleco, they get really messy and are a big bioload.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. OP
    OP
    Techno

O I know about that I have my tank overfiltered sorry I should've posted that lol it's 400 gph in all so 13.6x hour that's the only reason I was getting 12 that should be fine if the filters are like that right? And I keep up with water changes
    If still you say no then I may go back and just get 2 more cherry barbs instead of 6 more thanks for the help so far also greatly appreciated

6. Dom90

It's not just about overfiltration but fish needing their space. You could have 700 GPH but if the fish feel overcrowded, nobody's gonna be happy.

7. Dom90

Actually, with the loaches, apistos and pleco, your bottom would be very crowded lol.

8. OP
    OP
    Techno

Yeah i just thought since they were my only mid level fish but I guess not lol thanks for the help
    Lol I know that's why I'm putting so many plants and driftwood the whole bottom dwelling deal thing may be a problem I've been thinking of that being a problem
    I love bottom dwellers
    I may end up completely redoing my 55 also in the next year it's as long as a 110 tall I'm pretty sure lol so a whole lot of bottom dwellers if I do that

9. Dom90

Hmm do you really need the pleco? Lol... I have an Agassizi (apistogramma agassizi), small one, and being smallest fish in the tank, he just hides all the time.

10. OP
    OP
    Techno

I don't need one I want one but no I don't need one lol
    Yes I want a poop machine lol

That's the kind of bn i was going to get

11. Dom90

Interesting, never seen one in that color before. But I don't think it's worth $10 lol.

12. OP
    OP
    Techno

Lol I'm willing to pay extra for a fish sometimes if I can find a breeder around here and then I go their and the fish looks good and is a few dollars more then I'm fine with it

13. Dom90

Lol me too, if it actually looks nice or it's somewhat rare. I would consider my 3 Royal danios rare. Never heard of or seen them before. Payed $14 a pop for one lol.

14. OP
    OP
    Techno

Wow
    I kinda wanna see what the pleco looks like as it gets older since I've also never seen one of those

15. OP
    OP
    Techno

Also since I just made this tank questions in general can you tell me if this is somewhere that my apistos would like to stay or if I should plant more around that area or if I should make the area larger or anything ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436060776.823104.jpg

16. Dom90

This is what my tank looks like
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436061563.471160.jpg

17. OP
    OP
    Techno

This is mine so far I'm getting more plants and stuff and I have to replant some of them lol ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436061781.295257.jpg
    I also need to get a background so everything doesn't reflect back
    Also another rainbow fish question if I ever did put rainbow fish in could I do pseudomugil furcatus I read that they're more active so I'm not sure if this will be out competed for food or is that another species only tank
    At this point I'm also thinking of tanks for the future lol

18. Dom90

Haha yea, that's probably the first thing I got. How big is your tank?

19. OP
    OP
    Techno

29 gallon
    I'll take a better pic so you can tell
    I thought at first my 29 was a long but I'm pretty sure it's a tall because the dollar per gallon sell only sells 29 talls right? I got it back around January in that $ per gallon sell

20. OP
    OP
    Techno

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436062529.094291.jpg this is it
    Well a better pic
    It's on my wood dresser and the wood is real so I'm pretty sure it will hold the weight of that