More Panda Corys

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey guys... I am thinking on getting some more panda cory's for my 20 gallon tank... I only have two(used to have four, but two died for some odd reason) so I know I need at least two, but what are your thought about four more??

THANKS!!

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
;D You may want to update your profile info cause it says you still have four corries.

Four more corries would be good. Pandas stay smaller than some other types of corries and are sometimes more social, IME, so I would round out their school to 10. I would only get four at a time though. Just saw pictures of your tank, looks great!

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
RogueAgent94 said:
;D You may want to update your profile info cause it says you still have four corries.

Four more corries would be good. Pandas stay smaller than some other types of corries and are sometimes more social, IME, so I would round out their school to 10. I would only get four at a time though. Just saw pictures of your tank, looks great!
Thanks for the reminder on the profile update...

and thanks for responding so quickly, my LFS gives me smokin deals when I buy in fours, which is good to hear!!! Thanks again!

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's awesome! Everywhere I've looked Pandas run around $2.50-$4.00 each. Which is a bit high compared to what I was used to. But I got a great deal on some Albino Aeneus and couldn't resist.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
RogueAgent94 said:
That's awesome! Everywhere I've looked Pandas run around $2.50-$4.00 each. Which is a bit high compared to what I was used to. But I got a great deal on some Albino Aeneus and couldn't resist.
I'm used to Panda's being $5-6 each T.T

Congrats on the new fish, Apple! Panda's are the best =3

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WOW, at mine they are $5.50. I don't like to be this way, but every weekend I go into my LFS and just walk around and make friends with the employee's, so in a way I am using them, but can you blame, this fish stuff get EXPENSIVE!!!! anyways, if I buy four or more I get 50% off which is sweet! and the angelfish I got was $1.50, she said no one wanted him, so I couldn't pass that opportunity!!!

P.S: Thanks Akari!

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah so instead of $5.50 each they would be $2.75 each. Right around the price they are at online. I think I saw an auction a day or so ago on Aquabid starting at a dollar for each panda cory.

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, and I usually get a forty to fifty day guaranteeing... I love my LFS!!! Petco is honestly such a bad place to go to... unless that is your only option, but I just feel so sorry for the fish there. whenever I go in there to buy to food for my dog, I check out the aqua-department, and there are always sick/dead/decaying fish there it really makes me want to:

aquaponicpaw

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Been wanting to add some type of Cory to my Tank, As I am mostly interested in Micros I think I will go with cories as well. Quick question, Are they notorious egg eaters? Do I need to worry about them with my shrimplets, micro-crabs etc?

By the way Wings are kicking tail as always. Love your Avi!

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thanks... I am a die hard wings fan! You should not have a problem with eating eggs, as long as you get smaller ones(like panda cory's)... I LOVE MINE!!!

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So this weekend I am going to try and get some panda cories, but if they don't have any I will get them next weekend. I am going to buy 8 of them at once and see what kind of discount I get!! But wait, don't think, "man this guy is an IDIOT, eight pandas at once WOH!!!" No, I am going to put four in my twenty gallon, and four in my ten gallon. Then I will wait, be VERY patient, and add the other four to my twenty gallon.

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey, also, what is the plural for cory cat's... is it cory's, corys, or cories??? Hmm.. let me hear your thoughts!!!

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I always call them corries. It would be cory's because a word with an 's after it makes it owner ship. So you could say "that is the cory's cave" but you wouldn't say "that cory's is being hyper". And you can't use corys because you don't usually put an "s" after a "y". It almost always changes to "ies". And thirdly, my computer says that cories (with only one 'r') is incorrect so I always use two "r"s. LOL does that make the least bit of sense?

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes it does Mr. English... lol..jkjk.. seriously though thank you, I always wondered what to say...lol

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
;D just goes to show that all those years of english, latin, and french paid off! Although I must say I hated english most of all lol.

OP
apple429

apple429

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
so I just asked my LFS to order my cories, and I should get them this Tuesday, or next Tuesday...

New Threads