More of my tanks! (as of 7/3/21)

ChrissFishes01

I was gonna add these to my last photo thread, but I couldn't figure out how to change the title :/ So, I made a new one! Yay, forum clutter!

Ended up taking around 80 pictures tonight, importing 60 to my PC, and we'll see how many I decide to post.

First off, here's the German Blue Ram tank, a week after being planted. I was hoping to see the cyanobacteria begin to diminish by now, but it's spread - so I may have to dose with Erythromycin to clear that up. No biggie, just an annoyance.

Next up, here's some tetras looking dang (if I do say so myself) good in my 20 gallon holding tank:

The plants in this tank have begun to take off, which have reduced my nitrates pretty drastically. This tank is overstocked, so it's a big relief!

And the Pearl Gouramis? Beautiful as ever! The male's red throat coloration comes and goes, but I'm not sure why. He didn't have it, today.

Now, here's one of my favorite animals I have right now - my Skunk Cleaner Shrimp! He lives in my 37 gallon FOWLR tank. Very personable, and always visible.

imgur.com

I also added some Hermit Crabs to this tank yesterday, since I've begun to see less Cyano and a bit more algae. It's a brand new tank, so this is expected. Nitrates are way down, though, so that's good!

StarGirl

I wish freshwater shrimp were as cool looking as saltwater shrimp! Bah.

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

I wish freshwater shrimp were as cool looking as saltwater shrimp! Bah.
I do too! There are some cool color morphs, though.

It seems I had a double post, and this one was incomplete. Oops!

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Yeah they look good, but still not getting any neons!! Talk about the "me too" fish :p

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Yeah they look good, but still not getting any neons!! Talk about the "me too" fish :p
I haven't kept them in years - I got bored of them as a kid, and eventually started hearing about all the issues people have with them and steered clear until recently. They really are pretty fish when they're doing well!

Plus, the Black Neons? Sheesh, I don't know why, but I love that fish.

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

I haven't kept them in years - I got bored of them as a kid, and eventually started hearing about all the issues people have with them and steered clear until recently. They really are pretty fish when they're doing well!

Couldn't agree more! If you can find some really healthy Neons, they are still a great fish to own to this day (in planted tanks especially). Heck, that is why they became so popular to own in the first place! Here are some of mine loving their home. They are stunning if you can color them up that is for sure. :)

0621211433a_2.jpg

Very nice tanks you have btw, ChrissFishes01

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

As they say, there is no accounting for taste :)

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Couldn't agree more! If you can find some really healthy Neons, they are still a great fish to own to this day (in planted tanks especially). Heck, that is why they became so popular to own in the first place! Here are some of mine loving their home. They are stunning if you can color them up that is for sure. :)

0621211433a_2.jpg

Very nice tanks you have btw, ChrissFishes01
Well said! They're the first fish my eye is drawn to when I walk into my home, despite not being in the closest tank. They are very, very bright!

Thank you very much :)

Upvote 0

jmaldo

thumbs up.jpg Nice setups.
Black Neons, I was surprised how much I liked them after picking up a dozen on a whim.
Lost a few but here is a pic of the remaining 9 of them together,

Black Neons School.jpg

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

thumbs up.jpg Nice setups.
Black Neons, I was surprised how much I liked them after picking up a dozen on a whim.
Lost a few but here is a pic of the remaining 9 of them together,

Black Neons School.jpg

Good Luck!
Thanks!

Yeah, I especially love the orange eye. Reminds me of a Lampeye Killi, or something of that nature.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mhamilton0911
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
JettsPapa
Replies