More mystery fish in my pond

tomerino

So maybe a month ago I posted a pic of a fish that I had found in my pond that was determined to be a goldfish by you helpful people

I bought 6 more goldfish to give him some mates, unfortunately the original goldfish didnt make it (it was fished out of the pond by my mums dog :/). So this would mean there are 6 fish in the pond, today I caught them all to bring them inside and put into my new tank while I grow them out to put into the orfe pond which are big enough to eat them at the moment I ended up fishing 8!!!!!! fish out of the pond

The fish that I did not put into the pond are the 2 black ones, they look exactly like the goldfish but 5 of the 6 I bought and put in are comets and these black fish have really short fins I am guessing they are goldfish but I am not 100% sure, also if they are goldfish is it possible my goldfish have started breeding already??? I have 2 larger ones but I really didnt think they were old enough to start breeding, let me know!

20200310_112131.jpg

20200310_112123.jpg

20200310_112204.jpg

20200310_105315.jpg

20200310_112224.jpg

20200310_112216.jpg

JettsPapa

Looks like goldfish to me.

saltwater60

all gold fish. Just hasn’t turned gold yet. It will

garby8265

Definintely all goldfish.

Foxxway

omg. I found the same bronze mystery fish in my tubs the other day. I was netting mutt guppies for an order the next day and a bronzy colored larger fish swam out like Jaws. I managed to get it in a clear container where I could inspect it and found it was a goldfish. Body shape not at all like guppy. Here's the weird thing though. All the goldfish are HUGE orange, white, orange/white and ONE fancy black oranda. I found more of these bronze goldfish and have no clue how they got there. I've bemoaned the fact b4 my goldfish were the only animals that weren't breeding at a racing rate. I'm guessing 2 of the goldfish, some how, some way managed to breed and those mystery fish are the result. Other night, I found frogs in some of the tubs. IN this crazy 2020, I'll take my cute surprises where I can find them. There's always something weird going on if I look hard enough.

MrBryan723

Yup. Also known as a common carp. The 2 pictured are more of a "wild" variety.

Latest threads

Top Bottom