More Humane Betta Cup Selling At Pet Stores?

1. dartzy

dartzy Valued Member Member

2. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

Those are still cups tho.

3. OP
    OP
    dartzy

True...your right. I should of labeled the title differently. I was going for the more humane aspect of it all as they are 'filtered' cups. Honestly, I don't think the cup idea will ever go away.

4. Reef13G YT

Reef13G YT Valued Member Member

still cups though, but I appreciate that

5. WTFish?

WTFish? Well Known Member Member

I don't get it. What's the difference?

6. OP
    OP
    dartzy

It's a set up filtration system. Each cup is filtered and water circulates through each cup individually. Better condition for the fish.

Edited title

7. WTFish?

Ah I see. That is great news, if they were only bigger, but hey...baby steps. Thanks for sharing.

8. OP
    OP
    dartzy

Yes, baby steps. Exactly, what I was thinking.

9. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

IMG_2761.jpg Found another setup similiar to this one.

10. WTFish?

Now that should be the norm! Love it.

11. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

It looked to me like they have water changing from the back of the cups, is that what you see?
    If so at least it's something.

12. OP
    OP
    dartzy

Yes, there is a in flow and a out flow connector to each cup. When someone pulls the cup from the base, it stops the flow.

13. California L33

California L33 Well Known Member Member

The big problem with tiny cups is the water quality. This is an improvement.

The only thing I question is the use of cell phone video to try to sell their product. For goodness sake, at least use a point and shoot. :)

14. kam.exe

kam.exe Valued Member Member

This looks pretty cool! I wonder if the main unit is able to have a heater, so that the fish are in the right temp. They are tropical fish after all.

This is an improvement though! I wonder if we can get a petition or something at change.org to push these out to Petco & Petsmart.

15. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

No matter rather you fishlorians like it or not, cups will never go away! It is the most efficient way to keep a lot of bettas at a low cost with minimum space. This is a vast improvement over anything I've seen, it's to bad it will cost too much for any of the big box pet retailers to bother installing, unless the inventor can prove that they will make more money having this unit vs throwing a few bettas away :(

16. Lynn78too

Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

Our LFS has this. I just saw it the other day, it had a sign that said to ask an associate for help, I wonder if there's concern about water. I doubt it's because of a concern for the animals. Unfortunately if the water doesn't have a quick and easy shut off, people will not always ask for an associate for help.

17. LucyC

LucyC Valued Member Member

This is great! At least the poor fish have good water quality:). I always feel so bad seeing bettas in those disgusting cups, I hope some of these stores like petco and pet smart start using them. I wonder if they're heated though

18. OP
    OP
    dartzy

Doesn't look like it's set up for heating, Since it's advertised for other types of fish, invertebrates etc.