more help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NanoAddict, Dec 3, 2005.

1. NanoAddictValued MemberMember

i am gettin a 5 gallon freshwater tank and was told to get 5zebra danios and three ghost shrimp for a good community
    is there anything else i should get? like maybe a marbled hatchet fish or an alge eater cause i have a lid plleeaasse help me :'(

2. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

whoa...if you got 5 danios and 3 ghost shrimp your tank would already be way overstocked. Was it the pet store people who told you that? just 5 danios mgiht be pushing it a little...Gunnie and Butterfly and the rest can probably give you some suggestions as to the fish to get...

3. dano569Valued MemberMember

for a 5 galllon you couldn't put alot of stuff in it,maybe a couple of swords or mollies or something like that.i wouldn't put an algae eater in it for sure.

4. OP
    OP
    N

NanoAddictValued MemberMember

i think dino told me to put 5 danios in it my origanol plan was 3

5. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

well 5 danios would probably b ok but the ghost shrimps and any others would b way overload.

6. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Dino is very careful with stocking and he did say 5 danios. But any more than that will be overstocked.
    Carol

7. OP
    OP
    N

NanoAddictValued MemberMember

ok thanx but would the ghost shrimp do all the scavaging?

8. tricky_tinkValued MemberMember

yea ghost shrimp are like an 1" full grown i don't think you would have a problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice