More ghost questions

darkwolf29a

Ok...if I take a picture of them, do I just see an outline?? J/K I had to do it.

Ok, on with the seriourness.

Currently, in my 55 gallon tank, I have a common plecostamus, 3 regular Tiger Barbs (Soon to be 6 - adding 3 green), 1 Black Phantom Tetra (Will be adding 2 more of these), and 3 guppies (Will be adding a couple of more of these soon, hopefully couple of females and another male, or 3 - I have 3 now).

But...I want to add some ghost shrimp in as well.

I'm thinking that nothing will eat the shrimp, but I want to make sure.

Any information you have would be cool.

atmmachine816

If provided caves/crevices were they can molt and not be attached by other fish yes. The pleco might move them around a bit but not harm them unless they are too slow. The barbs might find them a snack or nip at them but probably not. The guppies will probably be too busy with each other to notice them. Best thing to do is buy a bunch and see what happens. Just make sure they have a couple good caves and the pleco too. I'd say go for it, it all depends on the fish

darkwolf29a

That sounds like a plan. I was looking at the prices of them last time at the LFS. They're cheap, relatively speaking. So, worse comes to worse...I end up with shrimp juice in the tank, and a smile on a fishes face. LOL

bbfeckawitts

The barbs will eat them, I know, mine did. Brianna

atmmachine816

bbfeckawitts said:
The barbs will eat them, I know, mine did. Brianna
Provided a large enough tank and enough hiding places for the shrimp it's possible they can survive. My angels are supposed to eat my ghost but they don't.

darkwolf29a

Well, I ended up moving the barbs and phantom tetra, along with the cray into a 20 gallon all their own. They don't bug my guppies that way. And the pleco has to stay away from the cray, and the pleco is the biggest animal, so....he gets the biggest tank, and the smallest tankmates. LOL

Besides, the cray wasn't doing a good job at cleaning anyways.

So, now I have the pleco, 2 mystery snails, and 20 ghost shrimp running around, with 3 guppies. The guppies supervise everything, and everybody else does the cleaning work. I just do water changes.

Top Bottom