Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL! caught red finned!

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
It seems like both my boys enjoy squeezing themselves in and through the smallest possible places - behind the filter or heater, through plant leaves, etc. Yesterday Cujo squeezed himself thru the smallest space in his little rubber anemone. I wish I had had the camera ready for that one, but I didn't... But I did catch him down in his plant through an unlikely space:

Peekaboo!

Attachments

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jendayi said:
It seems like both my boys enjoy squeezing themselves in and through the smallest possible places - behind the filter or heater, through plant leaves, etc. Yesterday Cujo squeezed himself thru the smallest space in his little rubber anemone. I wish I had had the camera ready for that one, but I didn't... But I did catch him down in his plant through an unlikely space:

Peekaboo!
Spike does that too. It is kinda like a cat-- finding small spaces to crawl into.

Attachments

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So true.. it's definitely a betta-thing to see how small a spot they can go thru. we've rejected decor for that reason, figuring the holes would be big enough to tempt our bettas but small enough to get them stuck.

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is a true testimony to how durable bettas are. I brought home a new tank and put a card shaped like a fish saying i would pay for the resident as a present for my girlfriend. We went out and rescued one the fish from the store and set up his new tank and had some water saved from a bigger tank already cycled. The fish was happy happy happy and we left him alone. Three hours later our roommate walked in to the kitchen where he resides and asks why the fish bowl was empty and where the fish was. there must have been a small fracture in the glass because the tank was empty and the fish was out of water. For quite some time i might add. I didnt think he would make it but my girlfriend was determined to try. She got a pint glass full of water and took the tank over to the sink so we could do the transfer and all of a sudden the tank bottom fell out and we almost lost the fish to the drain. He was retrived and put in the glass where he stayed until he got a new bowl later that night. he is still with us and strong. it has been 7 months.

mojo

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OMG! You should nickname him Superman or Hercules or something! I hope you got your money back for that failed tank (or was it older?)

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
it was a bad idea for a tank. and discount fancy pasta jar. looked great but not practical.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
wow.. good thing the bettas have the air labyrinth, huh? Tough little guy to survive all that and be going strong!

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yes very strong and this one seems to have become very needy of attention always coming up or to the front when anyone is around the tank. maybe it was all the extra attention.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
mojoman101 said:
yes very strong and this one seems to have become very needy of attention always coming up or to the front when anyone is around the tank. maybe it was all the extra attention.
They're such great fish. Do you have pictures of them posted? We love seeing Bettas.

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No I do not but it will happen in the next week or so. I may have a small school of cardinal tetras by then i will be excited to share pics. hopefully soon thanx.
mojo

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom